Sometimes it’s as easy as doing something that no one else has ever done before, even if that thing is relatively easy.
Here are just a couple of examples of the innovation happening at knowonder! (these may seem simple to you, but they are truly revolutionary ideas that are exciting educators and specialists everywhere we go).
1. Publishing a new story EVERY day – no publisher has ever published so much content. A new story, every day? That’s a lot! Yet every day children all across the world are coming home with one homework assignment in common – to read. Reading every day is one of two of the most fundamental necessities in developing literate children. (download our app for iPhone or Android to get the new content)
2. Giving away a story every day for FREE – no publisher has ever given away so much content for free, either! Just because it’s free, though, don’t fool yourself into thinking the stories aren’t good. The stories we publish are great! You and your kids will both enjoy reading and listening to them, guaranteed.
3. Three digital delivery methods of fully-illustrated books. Other publishers only give you one way to enjoy their digital content, and that is as a fully-illustrated book/app. As great as these are, we are giving you even more, for less. Our newest app will deliver all our books in three powerful and purposeful ways:
- Traditional: fully-illustrated book/app with voice-overs
- Work/Reward version: This version of our book separates the text from the pictures. Believe me when I say that this is a HUGE departure from the current thinking in children’s literature. Children’s books of today’s world are beautiful, yes! The interplay of artwork and text is amazing. However, there are many children who experience difficulties when reading the normal children’s book. They are distracted by the pictures. They look to the pictures for clues about what the words mean. Although not bad all the time, it does especially become a challenge when trying to help a child who is a struggling reader, or when you’re just trying to help a child focus on the words when it’s time to focus on the words! (Click here to get a free sample of how this works)
- Patent-Pending: This is actually in the process of being patented as we speak, so we can’t go into any detail here, yet. However, where #2 focused on literacy, this delivery method focuses on promoting and facilitating creativity in our children.
So why has no one ever done these things before? It’s pretty simple, really. It all comes back to money. Modern-day publishers are stuck in a legacy industry. They’re all so used to doing things the same way, especially because the way their doing business is working and it’s bringing in money. They can’t jeopardize their profit margins by offering the same products for less. They have shareholders to answer to!
As is oftentimes the case, that is the reason innovation always comes from “the little guys.”
In contrast, we don’t need to make the millions and billions that the other publishers are. We just need to make enough sales to be profitable so we can continue doing what we love: bringing you great stories, making them more accessible, more affordable, and making them have a greater impact on literacy and creativity in our children.
Your support will go a long way in helping this innovation happen: see our crowdfunding campaign
Every dollar counts. $7, $20, whatever it is you can donate.
Thank you for all your belief in, and support of, knowonder!
Phillip J. Chipping, Inventor of the invisibleSHIELD, founder of ZAGG, founder of knowonder!, but most importantly, a husband and father who is passionate about families and children succeeding in literacy, learning, life and love.