2. What kind of different bowls are there and what are they used for? Plastic bowls, glass bowls, metal bowls, wood bowls, cereal bowls, salad bowls, mixing bowls, fish bowls… all sorts of bowls! (ever notice how the word “bowl” starts to sound really weird when you say it a lot?!)
3. What is your favorite thing to eat from a bowl? Talk about the different foods that we typically eat out of bowls. Cereal with milk, salad, pudding, ice cream, etc. Talk about the flavors and textures of each food.
4. Spoon, fork, or chopsticks? Different people use different utensils when eating from bowls. Talk about your preference. Have you ever tried eating rice or noodles with chopsticks? Talk about the memory. Was it hard? Why? What happened?
Questions for your child:
1. What is your favorite thing to eat from a bowl?
2. What kind of bowl do you like best, a plastic or glass bowl?
3. Why is a bowl round?
bowl, spoon, round, circle, sphere, cereal, breakfast, food, rice, noodles, ice cream, dirty, wash, clean,
Yes, today’s post was inspired by my breakfast bowl.
And speaking of bowls, why do they call it bowling? I’ve never seen anything even remotely resembling a bowl while bowling…
Oh, one more thing. Did you know there’s a bowl made of silicon (like those iPod cases) so you can take it camping and when you’re done eating you can turn the bowl inside out to lick it clean?!
Who knew bowls could be so much fun?!