Take a look outside your window or even take your child for a walk for this Talk Time because today we are going to talk about the seasons!
1. How would you describe the word “season”? What does it mean? What are the four seasons? That’s an easy one. Explain to your child the four seasons – What is spring? Summer? Fall? Winter? What happens to your surroundings during each season? Why do we have (or lack in some cases) different seasons? How long do they last? When do they change?
2. Share with your child what the seasons are like where you live. Point to things in your surroundings and explain what season you are in right now. Maybe where you live there is only one season year-round. Or perhaps two. Tell your child about it. Does it snow in the winter time? Do you have a rainy season? What are the summers like? Is there lots of humidity in the summer or is it dry? What changes take place in your surroundings during the spring? How does the weather change during different seasons?
3. Talk to your child about your favorite season. Do you like the winter with the cold and snow? Or do you like the spring with blossoms and green growing everywhere? What do you like about the seasons? Would you like it better if there was only one mild season all the time? Or, if you live where that is the norm, would you rather live somewhere with all four seasons?
4. Have you ever been somewhere where Christmas time was in the summer? Tell your child about how the seasons are different around the world. For example, in the southern parts of South America, the seasons are opposite of the seasons in North America. So when it is winter in North America, it is summer in South America and visa verse. Why is that?
1. What season is it right now?
2. What is the weather like in this season?
3. What is your favorite season?
summer, fall, winter, spring, weather, cold, rainy, wet, snow, white, ice, freeze, warm, melt, cool, foggy, hot, humid, dry, growth, colors, balmy, sunny, clouds, rotation, movement, climate, temperature, hemisphere, Earth, autumn, colors, wind, months, year, daylight, days, time