It’s Talk Time! So today, let’s step into the closet for a moment because we’re going to be talking all about clothes.
1. What kinds of clothes do you have in your closet? Show your child the varieties: dresses, business clothes, play clothes, lounge-around-the-house clothes, painting clothes, etc. How are they different? How are they similar?
2. Let your child feel the fabrics of the different clothes. Show him or her the difference in textures and weight. Show your winter clothes, – often heavy and thick – as well as your summer clothes, – often bright and lightweight.
3. Also take a look at your little one’s clothes. What colors can be found in his or her drawers? Do the clothes have buttons or snaps? Zippers or velcro? What pictures are found on the shirts or onesies?
4. Tell your little tot what your favorite clothes are. Do you like comfortable clothes like sweats and regular t-shirts? Do you prefer looking classy and crisp more? Why do you like to wear them? What is your favorite outfit?
1. What do you like to wear most?
2. What colors do you like to wear?
3. What kinds of clothes did you see in Mom and Dad’s closet?
fabric, texture, length, width, buttons, belts, string, snaps, velcro, zippers, collars, bows, wrap-around, t-shirt, vest, sweater, coat, scarf, hats, leather, cotton, polyester, stripes, arguile, style, faded, big, loose, tight, small, short, long, cut, fitting, tailored, expensive, smooth, color, bright, dark, tear, old, new, fold, stitch, curve, pleated, layers, pockets, belt loop, jeans, sweats