Snow! Kids love to play in it, parents love cleaning up the messes it causes. Talk with your kids about the joys of winter’s wonderful blanket.
2. Talk about all the fun kids (and parents!) can have playing in the snow. Building forts, snowmen, snowballs, sledding, snowshoeing, skiing, etc.
3. What places in the world have a lot of snow? Colorado, Utah, Canada, Scandinavian countries in Europe, the North Pole (can’t discuss snow without mentioning Santa!) – talk about these places where for months at a time, heavy snow is an everyday part of life.
4. Your child may be surprised to learn there are kids in certain places in the world who have never seen snow! Discuss what it would be like to be a teenager – or adult even – and finally be able to play in snow for the first time ever.
Questions For Your Child
1. What is your most favorite snow activity?
2. How would you describe the feel, taste and look of snow?
3. Would you like to wake up to fresh snow every single day of the year?
snow, ice, cold, frozen, chilly, skiing, ski boots, ice skates, snowballs, blizzard, sledding, sleet, hail storm, slush, snowmobile, snowboard, snowman, frost